Venue Event Assistant
48 Fields Farm is looking for outgoing and reliable venue staff to assist with weddings throughout our upcoming season. This is a part-time opportunity that requires weekend work for approximately 8-10 hours each wedding. This is not an “every weekend” job, but rather it will be flexible to when we have weddings scheduled.
Please note this is not a wedding planner role.
This is a venue role that will include duties such as:
- Greet vendors and direct them where to set up
- Greet guests as they arrive and direct parking as needed
- Guide guests to different ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception spaces throughout the day
- Set up small decor items and table linens
- Set up/break down tables and chairs
- Assist with questions from vendors and guests
- Check on status of venue spaces throughout the event to ensure all remain in good condition
- Help tidy up and close reception spaces after event is complete
- Take initiative and can be a problem solver
- Be detail-oriented and “hands-on” with tasks
- Be a reliable team member who can commit to 2-3 weddings per month
While having some wedding day experience is beneficial, we are looking more for people who are outgoing, have a strong sense of customer service, can be problem solvers, and who are eager to help couples have an incredible wedding day. Our team has included SAHMs, nurses, teachers, college students, and more. Dinner is usually included. Work would be exclusively on Fridays, Saturdays, and/or Sundays.
All your work would be contained to the wedding day itself. No pre-event meetings with couples, no post-wedding follow up work either.
The overall schedule is flexible so that our team can scale up or down to work the days that fit their schedules. We would hope, however, that new team members can commit to at least 2-3 weddings per month.
If interested, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We’d love to hear more about you, any past wedding or events experience, why you are interested the role, and your preferred hourly rate.