When your wedding day arrives, have you thought about how you’re getting there? What about your family or wedding party? Also consider that the bride and groom might be arriving to the wedding from different locations but will need to leave together at after the reception. More importantly, how is everyone getting back home or to the hotel after a full day of celebration?
Rather than trying to have everyone drive and shuffle cars around to be in the right location by the end of the night, consider hiring transportation or shuttle buses to help ease the stress!
SHOULD YOU HIRE TRANSPORTATION FOR YOUR WEDDING?
- Everyone arrives to the ceremony on time
- Makes your guests feel more pampered
- Convenient for city locations or spaces that have reduced parking availability
- Relieves stress for your guests who may feel unsure about navigating in an unfamiliar location
- Make multiple stops to different locations for pick ups and drop offs
- Shuttles for the whole wedding party can present opportunity for fun or candid photos
- Shuttle move not only people, but also stuff (so you don’t have to ask a friend or family to overload their car with decor at the end of the night)
- Reduces worry about anyone being too intoxicated to drive at the end of the night
- Add personality and fun with a unique “getaway car” for the newlyweds
MONEY SAVING OPTIONS
While some couples do hire shuttles or transportation for all their wedding guests, others choose to hire shuttles for only family members or the wedding party. It’s one way to still provide convenience for your VIP guests but allows you to save money by having the bulk of your guests drive themselves or hop a ride with Uber or Lyft. (Although be sure to check with your venue to ensure that ride sharing services are available in the area before encouraging guests to consider this option.)
ONE LAST TIP
As a last consideration, do also check in with your venue to see what size shuttle buses are recommended for your location. They’ll be best to advise you if any larger size vehicles have enough space to turn around or if location conditions are better suited to a particular type of transportation.
48 Fields Farm is a Leesburg Virginia barn wedding venue for celebrations of all sizes.
Our countryside barn and open fields are peacefully set in the heart of Northern Virginia wine country.