Does your Google search history have “barn wedding venue near me” right up at the top of the list? If so, it sounds like you got engaged recently! Many couples are excited to dive head first into wedding planner! But before you go visiting a ton of wedding venues, do you know what you’re looking for? Do you know what’s important to you?
You might be thinking that you’re still so new at this that you don’t know what questions to ask yet. Or that you don’t quite know what’s important for your wedding. Whether you’re someone who likes to research every avenue or think you’re a “know it when you see it” kind of person, there are still some helpful decisions you can make to better guide your venue search.
Take the time to ask yourself the questions below to help you and your fiance discover what your really want in a wedding venue.
QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN CHOOSING YOUR WEDDING VENUE
- What is your maximum capacity? What happens if more people show up?
- Is my preferred date available?
- What is your rental rate? Are there any required additional fees or charges?
- What is the rain plan for ceremonies?
- Do you have any required or partner vendors?
- Do I have to have a wedding coordinator or planner?
- Do you include tables and chairs? If so, is there an extra set up fee?
- Can we bring our own alcohol?
- How do you handle wedding rehearsals?
- Do you have space to get ready on site for both the bride and groom?
If we’re being honest, these questions really only scratch the surface! We have a full list of 84 questions to ask your wedding venue that you can download.
After thinking through some of these questions, you’ll be better prepared to choose what locations to go and how to evaluate what you see. Your busy schedule will thank you for being efficient with your time and visits!
48 Fields Farm is a Leesburg Virginia barn wedding venue for celebrations of all sizes.
Our countryside barn and open fields are peacefully set in the heart of Northern Virginia wine country.