In our last post we looked at what the bridesmaids do for the bride, but what if you’ve been lucky enough to become Maid of Honor? Typically a bride’s sister or closest friend takes on this role. But whoever it is, they need to be someone who can completely support and be relied upon by the bride. Part BFF, part organizer, part therapist.
There are also some extra responsibilities that come with being a trusted Maid of Honor that you’ll be in charge of handling. We’ve outlined some of the most common ones in the checklist below.
LIST OF TOP DUTIES FOR THE MAID OF HONOR
- Take the lead in planning the bridal shower
- Keep a record of gifts at the shower
- Take the lead in planning the bachelorette party
- Help as the bride needs before and during the wedding
- Help with bridesmaids duties
- Hold the bride’s bouquet during the ceremony
- Act as a witness when signing the marriage license, if needed
- Give a toast to the newlyweds during the reception
- Be a point person to answer questions on the wedding day
- Be a messenger between the bride and groom
- Have vendor contact information on hand as a back up if needed
- Bonus: create a playlist to listen to while getting ready on the wedding day
There’s no one better to stand by your side throughout planning and on your wedding day that someone who can truly support, encourage, and cheer on your new marriage!
48 Fields Farm is a Leesburg Virginia barn wedding venue for celebrations of all sizes.
Our countryside barn and open fields are peacefully set in the heart of Northern Virginia wine country.