You’ve asked your closest guys to be groomsmen, and they’re super excited for all the celebrations to come. It’s a big party, right? Truth be told, the groomsmen have a pretty easy role to play much of the time. But there are some expectations and responsibilities that come with agreeing to be part of the wedding party.
Many of the groomsmen’s responsibilities are similar to the bridesmaids duties, but there are a few differences. The list below covers some of the most common groomsmen duties that can be reasonably anticipated.
TOP GROOMSMENS DUTIES FOR THE WEDDING
- Help as the groom needs before and during the wedding
- Plan and attend the bachelor party
- Get fitted for and rent/purchase a suit or tux
- Pay for transportation to and hotel during the wedding
- Attend the wedding rehearsal and dinner
- Help transport and unload decor (that’s sometimes oversized and heavy)
- Help the groom get dressed on wedding day
- Serve as an usher
- Walk in the ceremony processional and recessional
- Be on the dance floor
- Attend any after-wedding brunch
- Show up to wedding events on time
- Understand the time and financial commitment before saying yes
- Have a positive attitude and be team player
Just like bridesmaids, the groomsmen should be there to support the groom as they would hope she would do the same for them for their wedding!
48 Fields Farm is a Leesburg Virginia barn wedding venue for celebrations of all sizes.
Our countryside barn and open fields are peacefully set in the heart of Northern Virginia wine country.